St. Louis Downtown Airport (Federal Aviation Administration Identifier Code – CPS)
A Federal Aviation Regulations Part 139-Certified Class IV and DC – Access “Gateway” Airport
“Gateway Airport” under TSA’s DC Access Standard Security Program (DASSP) — Contact Ideal Aviation
Attended 24 hours daily | No landing fees | Index B ARFF*
|FAA Air Traffic Control Tower:||6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily, local time|
|Elevation:||413 feet MSL|
|Location:||Latitude: N38-34.24 W090-9.37 | Charts: ST LOUIS | L27 Mag Var: 0.7 deg W|
|Approaches:||ILS and GPS Approaches|
|Departures:||Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) flights filed at or below 6,000 ft. normally receive direct routing. If you fly above 6,000 ft. expect to be cleared via standard instrument departure routing.|
|Traffic Pattern:||Light Aircraft–1200 MSL; Heavy Aircraft–1900 MSL; Right traffic for 30R & 12R when the tower is not operational.|
|Services include:||100LL, Jet-A, hangars, tiedown, Major Airframe/Powerplant service, Oxygen|
* Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting: Index B available from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily and other times by advance request at 618-337-6060 or 618-337-7478.
Runway 12R/30L (Primary runway)
7,002 ft. X 150 ft. Grooved Asphalt. Weight Bearing Capacity: Single wheel: 65,000 lbs; Dual 95,000; Dual/Single 160,000; Dual tandem: 175,000 lbs. Contact airport management for weight bearing waivers up to 200,000 lbs. NOTE: Requiring a 180 degree turn and taxiback on the runway, and Aircrafts over 120,000 lbs are restricted to taxiways A4 & B4 without prior approval from airport management, .
Runway 12L/30R (Parallel runway)
5,301 ft. X 75 ft. Concrete. Weight Bearing Capacity: Single/Double wheel: 30,000 lbs. (waiverable to 65,000 lbs).
Runway 5/23 (Crosswind runway)
2,800 ft. X 75 ft. Asphalt. Weight Bearing Capacity: Single wheel: 12,000 lbs Use caution for trees and power poles rwy 5 and 73 ft. tower rwy 23.
VOR: Troy (TOY) VOR 116.0: 224 degrees 15.1 nm
Cardinal (CSX) VOR/DME 116.45: 139 degrees / 14.5 nm
NDB/LOM (CP) Acore: 350
Tower/CTAF – 119.925
Ground Control – 121.8
Tower UHF – 379.3
CLNC DEL – 118.275
ATIS – 121.45
Unicom – 122.95
STL FSS – 122.45
STL Approach – 123.7
Parks College Position Advisories: 123.5 (Outside Class “D” Airspace)
ASOS – (618) 332-0001
- Parks College conducts student pilot training maneuvers south of the airport. Student training traffic uses 123.5 for aircraft position advisories outside of the class “D” airspace. Feel free to make position reports when in the area.
- The extended final approach course for Runway 30 takes you directly overhead the region’s two busiest private airports. Aero-Estates (7IS2) is located 5 miles out (just outside the Final Approach Fix) and Flying Dutchman/Ben Emgee Airport (2IL7) is located approximately 6.5 miles out. Both airports fly their traffic patterns at 1,300 Mean Sea Level.
- Scott Air Force Base is located only 15 miles to the east with a variety of military aircraft operating in the area. Click here for a Midair Collision Avoidance brochure in pdf format.
- Use caution for intensive fixed-wing and helicopter flight training operations and frequent banner towing, military ops, and airship operations.
- Use caution where deer and migratory waterfowl are on and in the vicinity of the airport.
- Right traffic runways 12R and 30R when Air Traffic Control (ATC) Tower is closed.